Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008: My Soundtrack

1. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - Dig, Lazarus, Dig!!!
'Cause people often talk about being scared of change/But for me I'm more afraid of things staying the same/'Cause the game is never won/By standing in any one place for too long


Standout tracks: Jesus Of The Moon, Moonland, We Call Upon The Author
Soundtrack for: almost everything I thought or felt in 2008

2. Portishead - Third
I'm worn, tired of my mind/I'm worn out, thinking of why/I'm always so unsure/I'm always so unsure

Standout tracks: Plastic, Small, Threads
Soundtrack for: getting drunk and still not being able to say what you really want to say yet easily being able to say what you really don't, then watching Peep Show

3. Tom Morello: The Nightwatchman - The Fabled City
I'm surprised you didn't come forward when the cops dragged me away/There's a museum in the Netherlands I hope to see again someday/There's a painting of a woman gathering wood/It's almost dark/In a world bereft of meaning there's a flicker in the hearth

Standout tracks: Midnight In The City Of Destruction, Saint Isabelle, Whatever It Takes
Soundtrack for: doing whatever it takes

4. The Verve - Forth
Will those feet in modern times/Walk on soles that are made in China?/Feel the bright prosaic malls/In the corridors that go on and on and on

Standout tracks: I See Houses, Love Is Noise, Valium Skies
Soundtrack for: sitting and silently contemplating everything as the summer sun dips behind the rooftops

5. Filter - Anthems For The Damned
I'd like to wake up/In a dream/Where they don't scream/Without misery

Standout tracks: I Keep Flowers Around, Only You, Soldiers Of Misfortune
Soundtrack for: the damned (of the earth)

6. SoulflyConquer
In the heavy side of life we live/It's not how we chose/But it is how it fucking is/Unleash! Unleash! Unleash! Unleash!

Standout tracks: Fall Of The Sycophants, For Those About To Rot, Unleash
Soundtrack for: blood, fire, war, hate...and love

7. TiamatAmanethes
And now that we're clean/Our souls can be free/Our love is the only drug we need/And now that we're one/We don't need any God/Divinity flows in our blood

Standout tracks: Circles, Meliae, Via Dolorosa
Soundtrack for: struggling to survive in a world of things that actually exist, but which you don't have enough control over.

8. Nine Inch NailsThe Slip
And this is not my face/And this is not my life/And there is not a single thing here/I can recognize/This is all a dream/And none of you are real

Standout tracks: Echoplex, Head Down, Lights in the Sky
Soundtrack for: surfing the waves of alienation...and then remixing them!

9. Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Sunday at Devil Dirt

When the world steals all hope from you/Wonder where you dreams have gone to/You're the one I still belong to/Listen why I love you

Standout tracks: Back Burner, Salvation, Trouble
Soundtrack for: a quiet, gloomy, anaesthetised night in

10. Cavalera ConspiracyInflikted
Born from war and tension/Fed up and fucked up/Feeding on frustration/Fed up and fucked up/Unleash devastation/Fed up and fucked up

Standout tracks: Bloodbrawl, Nevertrust, The Doom Of All Fires
Soundtrack for: fighting!

The full version
Post a Comment

Disqus for Infantile Disorder