Saturday, November 10, 2007

Steal Something Day? But That's Illegal!


Obviously I can't condone wanton acts of lawbreaking, because that would be illegal. But today on a well-known social networking site I received an invitation to attend 'Steal Something Day', which claimed that the better-established Buy Nothing Day is a 'middle-class consumerist crock'.

I trust elected politicians to decide what is right and wrong on my behalf, and they believe that getting a four finger discount from members of the ruling class is against the law, but that same class taking something by force is okay. However, there must be no class aspect to this, because as someone once said: 'The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under the bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

The lawmakers know best, so I won't be stealing anything on that (or any other) day.
Post a Comment

Disqus for Infantile Disorder